Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sectionals Update

Last week we did another grueling workout! I can't believe these people who put the games together... they are honestly sick in the head. The workout was only 5 minuets long, but killed me! You had 5 minuets to Squat clean and Jerk 110 pounds. As you can guess, 110 pounds is really heavy to Jerk above head!! In the end I Squat Cleaned 110 pounds 13 Times with an additional Squat Clean. This placed me in 147th place in the region! I was lucky! I did my best and didn't land too far from where I wanted to be!

Today I did the fourth WOD! Also KILLER!! We had 10 minuets to get through as many rounds as possible of:

60 Burpees (facing the bar and jumping over it each time)
30 Over Head Squats at 90#
10 Muscle ups

I got zero full rounds! I complete the burpees and 23 of the Over Head Squats. But that was the best I could do! 90 #'s is a lot of weight to lock out over head!! We will see where I land. So far I am in 18th place but there are another 500 people who still need to submit their scores!

2 comments:

Inspired said...

Great job! Not that any of this is my near future, but I am very impressed! Keep it up McCall!

Nate and Lyndsi Clements said...

McCall I am really wishing you where down here with black sheep so I could come cheer you on! The fourth WOD is a total killer. I'm impressed you even got through SO MANY jumping burpees. Can you do muscle ups...
YOU ROCK!