Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Snuggly Duckling



So any of you who have not seen Tangled... Shame on you! There is time to correct this however! It is so stinkin' cute. I have to admit, Ryan has been watching it for months. We got our hands on a less than legal copy and have been getting a head start. We have now repented and purchased a new copy... restitution? Well I just have to say, Ryan can sing and act out this flick so well. She makes me sing the magic hair song when I brush her hair in the morning. And I have convinced her to stop attempting to cut her own hair by telling her that her hair will no longer be magic if she cuts it! It's working so far! She also believes that the reason my hair turned white is because I cut it and the magic left it! How cute is that!! Yeah, I lie to my kids!! So What!! Also, Mac loves it when Ryan and I sing the songs and act out the parts. I just have to say, I am tired of being mother Gothel, I want to be Rapunzel for once! Oh well... I'll live. At least I get to play!


On another note... McCallum is getting more teeth. I think he just might get all of his bottom teeth before he gets any on top. So painful, but so cute when they pop through!!


Also, this Friday morning I am pleased to announce that we have a court date with Judge Kate Toomey. She is a real stickler of a judge, but we are hopeful that she will find us fit to be McCallum's parents. Goodbye guardians... hello Parents! It's so much funner to be a parent than it is a legal guardian! Well, it's much the same really.


Due to the fact that we will be getting parental rights to this wonderful little boy, we have scheduled a Temple Sealing date for April 9th. That's right McCallum, you will be mine forever and through the eternities! HA, there is nothing you can do about it either! I'm just praying that the little white outfit I bought will still fit! We had to wait for all our legal people to be in the country and now I'm not sure that it will fit. I guess it might be a little tight is all! That might actually be more cute!


Ryan is so excited to go through the temple with Mac! I just have to share some of her little stories. We got her a white little dress to wear to the temple. She tried it on right away of course! When she got it on she spun around a few times and said, "mom, I look just like Cinderella!" It was so sweet! Now every time we go to Nana's or Grammies house she insists that we drive past the temple. When we do she always tell me that she wants to go into the temple. I tell her that we will soon. "We just have to wait till Mac can go." Then she will proceed to tell me how she will wear white, and mom will wear white, and daddy will wear white, and Mac too. Then she told me that when she was a baby she wore white and went to the temple. I'm shocked by this a bit because she can't possibly remember... can she? What a doll!

One time she told me "mom, when I get big like you I will get a big white dress."

Me: "Oh yeah? What for?"

Ryan: "So I can get married."

Me: "You think I'm going to let you get married?"

Ryan: "Yeah, in the temple."

She's so cute... but she's wrong! I don't think I will let her get older than 4 years old. I think that's when I'll stop her aging process and keep her my little girl forever! But if that plan fails, I guess I will allow a temple marriage...when she's "old like me." Preferably older!

5 comments:

The Fords said...

I love Tangled!! Ry is soo super cute! I love the things she says. It's pretty amazing how she remembered when she was a baby she went to the temple-dressed in white.

Alex and BreeAnn said...

Oh Ryan, Ryan...what a precious doll face! She can be a tease but is so adorable.

Lindsay said...

Haha! Too funny. Weston loved Tangled too, but he mostly liked the "bad knights" and the scary guys at the tavern. It will be fun to have a girl next to see how different the sexes can be, huh? Congrats about the parental rights too, how fun to be in the temple together as a family!

Unknown said...

What a cutie. Ryan sounds like a doll. Good luck with the meeting with the judge. That's so exciting!

Karen said...

I love love love that show, and so do my girls! They will be getting it for Easter. Ryan is such a cutie patootie. Love the things that she said. How exciting to be able to be in temple together. Congratulations!
P.S. Want to come play Scruffie with me and my girls! LOL Thanks for that comment you made my day. =) Scruffie will always have a place in my heart, such a shame that I never met him.