Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lake Powell and more!



First I must say that my last post is no longer accurate. During the week Mac has learned himself how to walk! At Lake Powell he was walking all over the place. Not a main source of transportation yet, but getting there quick! That means that he walked at a year--tomorrow is his big FIRST BIRTHDAY!!

We were so luck this year... I mean how many kids can say that they get to go to Lake Powell three times in a year? We had such a good time. This trip it was just my parents and my one sister, Natalie, and her family. It was so fun, we were almost out numbered by kids this trip. Ryan was so big, she Knee Boarded, and caught a ton of lizards with me! I really had thought that she would not really want much to do with the lizards, but I was wrong. She wanted to hold all of them, name them, and let them sit on her hat and rest. I wish I would have got some pictures of her with the Lizard on her hat! I really need a water proof camera!!!

Mac had a blast at the lake too! He was so busy all the time! He finally got comfortable in his jacket--that made boating so much easier! He was intrigued when we would pull someone behind the boat! He liked swimming and would jump off the swim deck behind the boat! This kid is fearless! When it came to being on the house boat, this kid was impossible! We set up coolers so that he could not leave the front room when we needed him to stay put. However, he taught himself how to climb over the coolers fast! He also managed to climb up the ladders! He needed 150% of our attention just to keep him safe! (We would never give any less!)

Jared and I had a good time as well. Jared learned how to surf. Although he couldn't quite do it without a rope yet, he'll get it soon I'm sure! This trip I mostly surfed, but I did get to wake board too. Although I must say, I played it safe. After my brother Jeremy got hurt on his first ski run, I decided to lay off the flips! It was still a lot of fun!

I should also add a few of these pictures. I have been trying to get some good shots of McCallum for his first birthday, but it's been hit and miss. Yesterday I went out again in hopes of getting a quick photo opt with my sister Andrea--she makes the kids smile! However, Mac was tired and it was poorly planned. Here are some of my favorites though.



4 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! What a fun summer! Lake Powell looks like a blast! I love that picture of Ryan at the top. Adorable.

We need to play!

Alex and BreeAnn said...

Happy birthday Mac! I'm happy you guys had a good time at Powell and made it home safe! I LOVE the pictures of Mac! They are so cute! I need some copies!

Alex and BreeAnn said...

Happy birthday Mac! I'm happy you guys had a good time at Powell and made it home safe! I LOVE the pictures of Mac! They are so cute! I need some copies!

The Belshes said...

Wow!! Going to Lake Powell 3 times in a year must be rough!! I'm just jeaouls cause I love that place and haven't been there in years!! I've said this before, but you have such a cute family and I can't believe your little guy is one already! So fun :)