Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Turning one


Can you believe that this little boy will be a year?!! That's right he turns one on September 4th! Due to the fact that we will be away for his birthday, we decided to celebrate a bit early. Plus, if I made his cake at Stephanie and Jared's party it would get eaten by someone other than just me!

It seems like only yesterday that we were even waiting for this little guy to come! I can't believe how fast the time goes! All these months of growing and changing have just flown by. Now at one year old, McCallum is so fun. He's not quite walking by himself yet, but he gets around anything he wants to. He loves to make trouble. In fact, I think it makes him happy to hear me tell him "No." He is constantly getting into the cupboards that are off limits, or the cords that are not to be touched, or the remotes that are not to be played with. He loves to laugh, and is always smiling. Mac also loves the water. I constantly have to keep him out of the bathroom. Either he will try to get into the tub, or I find him splashing around the toilet! I try, but he can open the lid. At times he has even squeezed through the door! He's constantly on the go! I just love this little boy!!

Here are some of the photos from his party including the iguana cake that I made for him! It was a lot more work than I had planned... but it turned out great! I was proud that I did it without help!! Happy birthday my little guy!! We love you!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That cake is AWESOME!!! Happy birthday Mac!

The Kailing Family said...

wow!! really? he's one??! that is too crazy. i'm so happy for you guys! such a cute little family!! great job on the cake super cute!!

Inspired said...

I CANNOT believe how he is one! The time really did fly by! Wow! That cake is pretty amazing though!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday McCallum! He sounds a lot like my little guy, what fun! I love his cake! So creative!

Krystal said...

Love tha cake great job. Happy birthday mac time sure does fly. What handsome boy.

Tren and Chylie said...

His cake is AMAZING!!! You need to blog about how to make that cake! Your little guy is getting so big! Happy Birthday!

Jill said...

Wow! I love that cake! How do you come up with such cool cakes!?

Happy Birthday Mac! We need to have a giant birthday party!

Alex and BreeAnn said...

He's sooo cute! I think Mac is my favorite Park :)

J+M=L said...

Happy birthday to that cute boy! And your cake looks amazing! I love your hair, btw! I wish I was brave enough to do that! It looks adorable on you! :)