Monday, February 7, 2011

Fitness Elevated Results

If you didn't know, I participated in my first ever Crossfit event. Fitness Elevated was a local competition to determine who was the fittest man and woman this winter. People came from all over the state, and even some from NV, to get their butts kicked at the event. As for me, I did better than I had hoped. I ended up taking 34 out of 56. So I didn't qualify to do the last workout, but once they announced what it was... lets just say I was glad I didn't make the top twenty. Here were the events

I'm working on getting the videos up soon!

First, was an event called "FRUN." This event was a timed work out. You had 4 mins. to get as many rounds of 65 pound thrusters and pull-ups. The rounds counted up. For Example: One Thruster, 2 pull-ups, 3 thrust, 4 pull... all the way till the 4 min. clock ran out. I ended up getting to the 11th round, but fell short one thruster. I completed 10 pull-ups and 10 out of 11 thrusters! That was better than I had hoped for. I would say that was a little better than average for the women.

Second, we had to complete a 2 mile hill run with obstacles for time. It was actually a little longer than 2 miles, but toward the end we had to hop a 4 foot wall and hurdle 4 track hurdles set at the lowest setting. I didn't know if I was going to make it over the hurdles at the end. My legs were killing me! I managed to get over them all and to the finish line in 17.03. I had hoped to do it in 16 mins or less, but that was just not going to happen with the last freaking hill! I was really glad to just get what I did! I would say that my time was a on the lower end of average for the women, but that's great for me! I hated every second of it!



Third event was really kind of cool. This event was also timed. You had a six min running clock. The first two mins were to get as many atlas stones to your shoulder as possible. Then you had the remanding four mins to get a one rep max snatch. In the end they would add 3 pounds for every stone lifted to your snatch weight. The atlas stones weighed 75 pounds, and are really just a solid ball of cement. I had never lifted an atlas stone before, but it was really awesome. I ended up getting 16 stones. I would say that was on the high end of average. The most anyone got was my friend Sharee and she got 30...what a freak! I would bet that 10 was average. Then I moved to my snatch. I got three attempts. First I nailed a 75 pound snatch with no trouble. Then I attempted a 95 pound snatch. I did get it, but I fell to my knee and had to lunge it up. It still counts as long as you don't rest the bar on any part of your body. Finally I tried to get 105 pounds up. I did get it up, but I rested it on my head so they could not count it. Although they didn't count it, it was freaking awesome! In the end I scored 143 because I got 16 stones worth three pounds each...48 added to my 95 snatch... 143. I would say that this was above average. Most women did not snatch 95 pounds, the heaviest snatch was 115 pounds.


Finally, the last event was a sand bag sprint. I thought that this would be really stupid, but it kicked my trash!! You had to sprint the length of a basketball court as follows: run down and back, pick up a 40 pound sand bag and run down and back, drop the bag, run down and back, pick up the bag and run down and back. Man was I winded. It took me 1.03 to run this, I really struggled to keep my pace. Oddly enough I did better running with the weight than without. I hate to sprint though, so go figure! I don't think that was a bad time, but it was not the fastest. I think most people got it in about a min. So every second over killed me!

In the end I placed 34 out of 56! I was really proud of myself. I didn't make the top 20 so I didn't get to do the final workout, but I think that was a blessing. It was as follows. 30 wall burpees (an up down with a jump and clap at the top only you had to kick your feet up on a wall much like a handstand), 30 push press with a 40 pound sand bag, 30 double unders, 30 calorie row, 30 Russian Kettle bell swings at 1.5 pood or 53 pounds(this just means the arms are parallel instead of above your head), 30 box jumps at 20 inches... walk 5 feet and do 15 more box jumps, 15 kettle swings, 15 calorie row, 15 double unders, 15 push press, and 15 wall burpees! All for time! It was crazy. I hurt just watching!

6 comments:

*[steph]* said...

Good thing you didn't have to do the very last workout. How miserable! But how cool that you did that good! I want to do one with you... soon. well, maybe when i'm done with school. love you!

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Wow! That is impressive! Even though I didn't understand most of the workouts, it all sounded very hard and technical. I'm sure I would have died before I even attempted the first one, just thinking about it! And, what is crossfit? I keep hearing people talk about it...

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

WOW look at you girlie!! That is so awesome ur amazing!! Wish u were still in Cedar I NEED a workout partner :)

Marie said...

You totally rock!! That is quite the competition...it makes my half marathon training seem super easy:) You look GREAT and I am so glad you did so well! Miss you guys!

Lindsay said...

Holy cow, that's nuts. You are HARD CORE.

syerke said...

What the crap dude! I've never heard of this kind of event before. How did you go about training for this? I dont know if I can even do one pull up! All I know how to do is jump up and block a volleyball. And that's pretty lame compared to all this! You're a super strong hard core star!
I think in another life you would have made a mean marine!