Monday, November 1, 2010

Loving Memory


Mary McKnight Zollinger, 89, past away October 25, 2010.

What can I say about this wonderful woman... Words are just not enough to express my gratitude and love for my Grandma! I have so many wonderful memories! She always was excited to hear from me! She constantly pushed me to excel in my music. When she would ask me if I were practicing my flute she was always pushing me to do better! She had a real gift for making all sorts of thing with a needle and yarn. I have one of the most beautiful quilts, baby booties, and a number of hats that I wore throughout my childhood! (most include a huge tassel)

I have to say that, of all my grand parents, I was closest to her. I was privileged to play a flute solo with my sister Natalie at the piano for her funeral. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but I was so blessed to be able to give that back to my grandma who pushed me to excel.
We were so lucky to be able to get McCallum up there to visit Grandma before she died. He was the last Great Grand baby born before she passed. Althogh, there is another coming in the next few weeks. Grandma didn't want me to take him home with me. She enjoyed holding him so much--like the picture above shows!

I love you grandma!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm thinking this is the Grandma you told me about while we worked out at Spirit. I'm so glad you played your flute and I'm sure she was absolutely thrilled that you did too!

Inspired said...

I am sorry she passed on. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

nat said...

That picture of Grandma and McCallum makes me cry.

Anonymous said...

You played the flute great McCall..even if it is a little dorky.

Love, Michael Jordan