Monday, March 16, 2009

Bumps and Bruises

So Ryan thinks she can just run around and never get hurt. I tried to tell her that she needs me so that she wont get hurt, but she is not a very good listener. We were on our way to the mail box and she decided that she did not need to hold my had any more--just as we walked down a slight slope. Well... I hate to say "I told you so" to a toddler, but "I TOLD YOU SO!" She fell right on her face and she got scraped up! I felt so horrible! Why didn't I just make her hold my hand! This could have been avoided! I also remembered that this might be the first fall but it wont be the last! I just felt terrible! I was going to post a picture of her face, but then I made a trip to Wal-mart and after every single woman in the store questioned me about the bruise and cuts I think I might be tagged for child abuse. I didn't do it though! It was the stinkin' sidewalk that beat her I swear!!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I know how you feel - Weston has so many bruises too. When they get that confidence to take off, they are just unstoppable! I hope she is feeling okay...I know how you feel about the child abuse - you just want to make sure everyone knows that you really do watch your child! Too funny.

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Child BEATER!! HAHA! Kids will be kids I remember many falls....wait I still fall a LOT HAHA JK!

Krystal said...

Thats sad but they have got to learn somehow and it will probably happen many more times before they learn. But I hope she is okay and will listen to her mommy next time.

Misty Call said...

Ryan is such a cutie, it was so fun getting to see her Sunday. I'm sorry about her ouchies, that's no fun.Darn those bumps and bruises! Now that it's been a bit warmer, Addisyn's wanting to go outside more. So her little knees are covered in scrapes and bruises... I guess it comes with the age right! Also, I'm making my blog private, so feel free to leave me your email:)

Erin Brady said...

It hurts a lot worse to fall when you're older than it does when you're one. I fell and scraped my knee a while ago and it hurt like the dickens! I don't remember it hurting that bad as a kid, neither will Ryan.;) You're a good mom, McCall.