Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Birthday Parties

When we went north to celebrate Ryan's birthday we went to also celebrate my dad's and niece Riley's birthdays as well. It was really fun to spend the time on the cakes and make it special for the girls--who both turned one! All the cakes were chocolate with regular colored frosting. The fins were made with Airheads. We wanted to do a fish theme, and I think they turned out great!

Ryan's little fish cake I made.

Riley Bug's fish done my her mom Natalie--she is the artistic one in the family who came up with the idea.

My dad's birthday cake that Natalie and I both contributed to. Most of the frosting was Nat's work--making those stupid stars is way harder than it looks!


We also had two really great parties. Both sides of our family spoiled her too much. Ryan is really lucky to have so many family members who love her so much. I just really felt bad for Uncle David on Jared's side of the family. All kids adore Dave... but Ryan has yet to realize that he is wonderful! He and Brian spoiled her to the max and Ryan cried every time they even looked at her. Don't worry David one day she will realize how awesome you really are and you will be the favorite!

Uncle David and Brian with their gift that was meant to win over Ryan... It still didn't quite do the trick; but now, that they are not around to see, she loves all the toys that were in the box!

Jared's mom also had a cute little princess birthday hat that would have been so fun if only she didn't hate it so much!

Justin and Abbie giving Ryan her cake. She was more appreciative than she looks I am promis... lol!

Blowing out candles at my house.

Destroying the fish I spent hours creating! I loved every second!

7 comments:

CoLiE-O said...

happy happy birthday sweet girl! did you help with the fish cakes? they are darling!

The Baldwin's said...

Happy Birthday Ryan, wish we were around to throw a hopping Cedar City birthday! She is supposed to be spoiled because you only turn ONE once....well then you only turn 2 once and so forth :) Glad all is well!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Happy Birthday!! How fun that cake is SO cute McCall!!

Erin Brady said...

Holy cow! I can only imagine how long it took to make a cake like that! I'm very impressed.

writings said...

You really are blessed to have such a creative sister! Those cakes are so cute. I really can't believe that she is one already! Happy Birthday to her!

Inspired said...

Sorry that last comment was me...I was signed in under another account for some reason.

Krystal said...

Looks like such a fun birthday. I can't belive she is one she is so cute. The cupcakes are adorable. She is so lucky to have such wonderful family surrounding her.