Friday, December 31, 2010

What I Like About You

Yesterday, December 30, 2010, was Jared and my 5th wedding anniversary! Congratulations to us! So in honor of this event I think it necessary to list some of the reasons why I am still crazy in love with this guy!

10. He is an old man in a younger mans body!
-He chooses to drive significantly slower than suggested by law because we get optimum gas mileage.
-He knows all the lyrics to all the songs that were ever written WAY WAY before our time!

9. He keeps me motivated to work out!
-When one is married to a perfect body, you try your hardest to do the same for them!

8. He can come up with song parities to any song that comes on the radio right off the top of his head.
-Normally these are inappropriate, but they make me laugh so stinking hard!!

7. Only this man can wear just his white t-shirt, basketball shorts, tall wool socks, and a pair of running shoes and still look sexy!
-OK, Sexy might not be the right word for this look, but in a really twisted way I am strangely attracted to the 80 year old man look that he sports!

6. His smile was one of the first things that drew me to him, and it is still the most heart melting part about him.

5. He is a wonderful father!

4. Even when I am a "Bear" (for lack of a better word) he still loves me.
-When things get really tough, he is always level headed and patient with me. That way when I come down from my emotional high, we can make up and move on with life. This has really only happened once... OK.... maybe twice:)

3. He makes me laugh!
-I always wanted to laugh through life! Jared has always been able to do that for me! I really think that will never change either.

2. He takes our religious beliefs seriously.
-He is the kind of person that I want to be! When you meet him you know what he stands for and exactly what he believes in. What you see is what you get!

1. The very first time I met Jared I told my dad... "Jared is the kind of guy that you want to date because he is the kind of guy you want to marry. But you know you will never get to date him because he is too good for you."
-This sounds sad, but it's true. I manipulated him to the best of my ability to believe that I was good enough for him! It worked too! He makes me want to be a better wife, mother, and person in general. Everything about Jared makes me so grateful that I was blessed enough to have him in my life.
-When I knelt across the alter and married him for time and all eternity, that is exactly what I meant! We said "yes" and I have never looked back and regretted it! I hope he can say the same! (I think he can though, I have tricked him into thinking I'm pretty cool too!)


As a side note, Christmas was so fun! Ryan got everything she asked for and more! All she ever said she wanted was: a Snowman, a pumpkin, and a dollhouse! Well, Santa came and left not only that but much more!

Not only was Ryan a good girl this year, but so was McCallum! He didn't need much, but Santa sure did go out of his way to get him everything a 3 month old could every wish for!!

Jared and I were also spoiled as usual! The best gift this year by far was a Jar that Jared made for me. It's just a glass Jar that says "Ring" on it! In the Jar was $5.20. This jar is going to be a saving tool to get my wedding ring repaired. Don't ask me how I did it, but I managed to breat the crap out of my setting. Lucky for me I didn't lose the diamond. Until then Jared has replaced my wedding ring with the wonderful second ring! But I still can't wait to get my diamond back!









2 comments:

Nate and Lyndsi Clements said...

Nate just told me those are all of the reasons he loves Jared to. I laughed.... only because it's true.
Happy late anniversary.

Krystal said...

Sounds like a really great guy. So glad you two are so happy and have such a beautiful family. Happy Anniversary.