Monday, September 6, 2010

In a Nutshell



So I know that many of you didn't even know that we have been anticipating McCallum... so this is the story in a nutshell.
About two months ago Jared's mom and dad sat us down and told us that there was a birth mother looking to place a baby and that she had already decided that she really liked us as the adoptive family. Due to the fact that we were not working with any agency at the time, we were a little perplexed. Then they went on to tell us that the Eileen Morris, a close family friend, had mentioned that her niece was looking for a family and wanted to look into the agency that Lynn (Jared's mom) works with. Being a wonderful mother, Lynn suggested that Eileen show Her Niece, Nithra, our family and see what she thought about a private adoption. So that is just what happened. Without Jared or my knowledge they got onto our blog and cut a number of pictures and words that I had written. I guess Nithra felt really good about us, because we got to meet her the next day after hearing about her. We met with Nithra and her mother and talked for about two hours and then just waited to hear if they liked us. I assume that they did because she picked us to be the family that would raise her little guy! A few weeks later we had dinner with her again so that we could meet her dad as well. (Let me just say, this family is so neat! We just fell in love with them from the get go!!)
Time passed and we finally got around to having the baby born... It went by so fast! The family invited us up to hold McCallum the night he was born. He was just the most perfect little baby boy we have ever seen! We got to spend time with Nithra and her parents as well as meet one of her little brothers. I can't even tell you how comforting it was to meet these people and just love them instantly. They were fantastic to us! I can't imagine it was easy for them to share their time with us, but I am grateful that they did!

The next day we came to the hospital to take McCallum home. It's so hard to put into words the confusing emotions that go on! We were so excited to bring him home, but so heart broken to see this wonderful family hurt so much. We came with Ryan and our attorney Mike and spent some time filling out paperwork and enjoying each others company. Ryan took to Scott and Lu so quick. She was dancing and singing for them. She even felt comfortable enough to go on walks with them and try to scare them by growling at them! (That's the real test. If Ryan will scare you, you know she likes you!)

Finally, after waiting for an eternity for us to be discharged, we all walked out to our cars together. We exchanged hugs and some words and drove away! I wish that words were able to describe the emotion and love, but they just can't! I hope Nithra and her entire family knows how much we love them! They are all a part of our family now! We are so grateful to them for providing us a way to grow and expand our family in a way that we couldn't do on our own.

13 comments:

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Oh McCall! I am so SO happy for you guys! What an amazing story! It really amazes me how strong and loving birth moms are to place their children. I'm sure Nithra is amazing, and she made such a good choice to pick you guys! I hope all is going well for you guys!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

How perfect that Nithra picked you guys its was ment to be!! Your story gave me the chills! I'm SO happy for you guys he looks SO cute :)

*The Thomas 3* said...

Yay! I loved reading that story! Gives me lots of hope! Have fun with your new little one! Heaven only knows how really precious they are!

The Marchant Family: said...

What a neat story, and a complete blessing! You are an amazing family and anyone would be lucky to have you raise their child. Good luck, congratulations, and he's beautiful!

Lindsay said...

Wow!!! Congratulations Park family! That is so exciting! He is so handsome...I am so excited for you guys. Congrats again...he is lucky to have you guys! What a little angel.

Jill said...

He is a looker! I am so happy for you!! Can't wait to come and meet this little one!

Katy said...

Congratulations, McCall! This story is very similar to the adoption story of our son Isaiah. It's an amazing experience. What a testimony to God's hand in our lives. Your little son is so precious, and I know he is meant to be a part of your family!

Tren and Chylie said...

Congratulations! He is perfect! What an amazing story - this little guy was suppose to be a part of your family! Nithra is an amazing girl to be so selfless and bless your family with this new addition. I am so happy for you guys!

Sarah said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you! He is darling and so little! 1 oz less than Alethia was! We love you guys and know you are amazing parents :)

Krystal said...

congrats on the little guy he is so cute. We are so happy for guys and how things worked out. He is so lucky to have so much love around him.

J+M=L said...

Oh my goodness, he is so cute! Congrats! What an amazing story. I'm so happy for you guys!

The Fords said...

What an amazing story. So happy for you and your cute family! Thanks for sharing it with me. It brought me to tears!
He's such a cute little guy, and he's lucky to have you has his family. :)

ashleyandcody said...

Congrats! He is so cute! It gave me the chills when I read your story. I am so happy that your family is growing congrats and good luck!