Monday, July 26, 2010

10 Days of FUN and SUN


We just got back from a long and fun trip to Lake Powell. We all had so much fun with the Park family as well as the Zollinger family! We were really lucky to be able to do both trips--because the weeks over lapped this year.

I didn't think Ryan would do as well as she did in the water. When we swim and tub at home Ryan is very hesitant to do much and she HATES, and I mean HATES, getting water on her face and head. However, she did so well! In fact, I am going to have to take her to the doctor so that they can remove the gills that she grew while there! We totaled the amount of time she had in the water one day and we figured that she was swimming for about SIX hours that day. My guess is that six hours in the water was average for this little fish!!! After that amount of time in the water your feet look like this...
This little girl did so well! She rode the tube forever with her Papa, Grammie, and cousins Dax and Riley. She also rode the molecule with her Dad, and Beau, and cousin Bode! Aside from swimming all day everyday, she also let me take her down the slide. Of course we couldn't land in the water because if she gets water on her face we have to pay for counseling for the rest of her life! ...So we decided to go down the slide and land on the molecule. It was fun but once was enough for her!

While at the lake I also confirmed my suspicion that I married a GHETTO fisherman! Here is Jared in the worst fishing attire ever! He loves to fish, but I guess the fish only bite if you don't look ridiculous! I love this man!!
He even insisted on bringing his float tube and fins! I think sometimes that this guy is the most crazy and polar opposite of myself... I guess that's why we work so well!


5 comments:

Inspired said...

I love that picture of Ryan it is adorable! How could you ever get mad at her with a face like that?

Lindsay said...

How awesome! Looks like you guys had a great trip!

Cortney said...

hey!!!!! what days were you at lake powel and what part?!? we were there too!!! ha but we didn't take brooklyn! looks like you guys had so much fun. i love that place

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

10 DAYS so JEALOUS!! Looks like fun Ryan is cute, and getting so big!

Nate and Lyndsi Clements said...

How Fun!
Your pictures are great too.
In church the other day, Nate turns to me and says "I miss Ryan, she's going to forget me."
haha miss you guys.