Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hunting... almost like Dad

This morning I was getting ready for work and a song came on the radio that made me stop and think. It's called "Things wont always be this way" Its a country song--I hope you know what I am talking about. Anyway... It's about a little girl who grows up and the parents are struggling through different phases of raising a child. They get through it by reminding themselves that things wont always be this way. It made me almost sad... and yet hopeful too! I know some times its hard with Ryan, but I wish I could keep her small forever! The day will come when I will wish she were small again! I just hope it's not too soon! I just wish I could keep it this way forever!

Ryan's first Easter Egg hunt!





Ryan was so cute! She would pick up an egg in each hand and then notice Riley with an egg...at that point Ryan would throw both eggs and swipe the one egg that Riley had! Not long after the kids got real smart! Dax was getting all the eggs in his basket, Riley was slowly taking from Dax's basket, and Ryan was taking everything from Riley. In the end I would say that Ryan was the smartest because no one was taking from her except maybe me--hey I like candy too! It was so fun!



11 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like fun! I feel the same about wishing they would stay tiny. It's hard to imagine that Weston will ever be a teenager who won't want to hug and kiss me every day! Sad! They grow up way too fast! Ryan is adorable - and what a smarty-pants...she knows how to get the good stuff! Cute!

Phil and Kelly said...

I love that song but sad songs like that aren't good for emotional pregnant women!
Looks like the easter egg stuff was fun.

Inspired said...

So fun! I loved the story about the easter egg hunt and the kids stealing from each other...priceless.

... said...

She is so stinking cute, and yes I have heard that song and I love it so much.

Unknown said...

ok so i gotta know how did youmake the baskets you had one for Ryan and you gave kelly one im dying to know the way. can you please share

Krystal said...

Yay for easter egg hunts. Man holidays and birthdays are much more fun when your little or if you have little ones to enjoy it with.

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

That song makes me SOO sad and I don't even have kids...but its SO true! Ryan is such a doll looks like you have FUN!

CoLiE-O said...

i havent heard that song but i'll have to listen for it!
happy belated easter!!

Erin Brady said...

That is a dang cute story, those clever little kids! I think I'll know exactly how you feel about kids growing up soon. I only have about 6 weeks to go!

Anonymous said...

Hey McCall!!! I found you from Sarah's blog- I'm so excited you blog I've been curious how you are and how your cute little girl is and she is so precious! I'm right behind you with how fast they grow-so much fun! You are an adorable little family! :)

Mel said...

Hey! It's been a long time since I've peeked @ your blog & oh my goodness I can't believe you have a ONE YEAR OLD!! How fun is that? She is such a cutie! I have that little outfit with the ladybug pockets she is wearing! For about the past 2 years if I see something super cute for babies I just buy it & store it in the guest room closet & I thought that little dress was SO cute! HaHa! Anyway I just wanted to say hello & also HAPPY BIRTHDAY a couple weeks ago! We are all getting pretty old! I can't believe we've been out of good ol' BHS for SIX YEARS! CRAZY! Anyway take care! Tell your hubby hi too! ;)