Friday, February 29, 2008

Bringing Ryan Home!










Around 8 am we had our attorney Michael come and take the signatures of both Kenzie and Jeremy. It was at that moment that I realized how great these families were! It still amazes me the amount of love that was in the room at that moment!! Later at 12 pm we were all discharged from the hospital. Kenzie and her family walked us to our car and one by one they all gave her a final kiss! This was the most heart wrenching and touching experience that I have ever taken part in. Then, each of the family members gave Jared and I a hug also! Words can't even describe the feeling--I still cry when I think about it! We told Kenzie that we love her and that she should call us if she should ever need anything!! (We really do mean it too!! she is part of our hearts now and there is no changing it!!) When we left we thanked them all for changing our lives and then headed home. When we got home there were a number of family members waiting to meet Ryan. My mom, dad, and sisters BreeAnn and Andrea. Jared also had a number of supporters including his mom, dad, sister--Abbie, and Nana--great Nana now!! They all shouted and cheered as we opened the door! I felt like a movie star with all of the flashes from the camera! Then we shared tears of love, sorrow, and joy when we passed her around for everyone to meet! This again was one of the most memorable experiences that I have!!

No comments: