Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Chaos!

Like most people, our days are cram packed with family and fun all month.  Jared's younger brother flies home from Japan once a year at Christmas and so naturally our days are full!  Having said that, we have had a really great holiday!  The kids were good this year and got a visit from Santa.  Jared and I were so happy that the kids were happy!  Jared and I were spoiled too.  Christmas came a little early for us.  We put in all new flooring upstairs so we were pretty happy this Christmas too!

Ryan got yet another doll, this time it has a fun stroller too!  She loves to play like she is a mom!  I can't believe how nurturing this little girl is!  She also got a drone, games, coloring things, a basketball game, huge pillow pet, and a few other odds and ends.  I think that the big winner was the baby Chloe though... that girl loves her babies!

Mac was really happy this year too.  When he is not involved with some kind of electronics he really likes playing board games.  He got a few board games, puzzles, and a new basketball hoop because he dunked on it too much and it broke.  Now he has a new one that hopefully will stand up to his rough play.

The biggest thing that happened at our house was the family gift.  There was a pile addressed to the entire family.  As the kids started to unwrap what Santa had brought I noticed a bit of confusion and disappointment.  The first three things were clearly games intended to be played on a Wii U.  The kids were so upset that we didn't even have a Wii U to play them on.  They started to talk like maybe Santa got confused and brought them the wrong presents.  Then they opened some Wii U paddles and again they were sad and disappointed because this was totally useless for a family who doesn't have a Wii U gaming system!!  Finally the last box was opened and reviled the Wii U gaming console!  Only, the kids didn't recognize it.  Ryan slowly started to read the box, and as she did you could almost see the light bulb go off right over McCallum's head!  He looked at all the controllers and games and then started to yell: "We got a Wii!  We got a Wii!"  Jared and I were laughing as they started their delayed celebration over the gaming system!  It was so funny!  I guess Santa didn't just give us a bunch of useless equipment after all!

The only thing that sucked about Christmas was all the pictures I took!  I don't know what was going on, but I think  that these are possibly the worst pictures I have ever taken.  Maybe it was early and I didn't check my settings, but everything I took is blurry and or out of focus!  Dan't it, and yet oh well!








No comments: