Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Cheers to TEN Years!

I find it hard to believe that it has actually been ten years for Jared and I!  I guess what they say is true, time flies when you are having fun!  Not everything about our life is fun, but when you marry your best friend you can make everything fun!  I know I have done this in the past, but here are Ten things that I love most about my best friend and husband Jared... in honor of Ten years together!

1. His smile!  I was first attracted to him physically and although the entire body was calling to me it was and is his smile that I love the most!

2.  He really is as genuine as you feel that he is.  I know that most people think of Jared and they think of how friendly he is.  He is very genuine and very kind to everyone that he meets!  That's why he hugs our checker at Dans and has the personal number of the manager at the Chipotle that we frequent!  That's not even an exaggeration either both those things are true!!!

3.  He can match my whit and humor!  I think of myself as funny and witty, but Jared is ALWAYS making me laugh.  Everyday I find myself laughing at something new!  I think it important to always find the humor in life and Jared allows me to do that easily!

4.  Jared loves the Lord first.  Normally I would be jealous if Jared were not to put me first, but there is one exception to that!  Jared is and always has been spiritually strong.  His knowledge of the scriptures is impressive to me.  I think he still knows all the scripture mastery scriptures that I never could tackle!  When he testifies of simple truths you can't help but feel the spirit.

5.  He is a great father!  Two of the best things that Jared and I have call him Dad!  He plays with the kids, he is loving and silly.  Most importantly, he is good at disciplining the kids so that they don't turn out rotten! If it were up to me alone, our kids would end up terrible and rotten!  

6.  Jared is patient.  I lack this quality and so I admire that he has it!  Jared is able to wait and wait and wait!  Just watch the man shop!  He will walk around a store for hours just trying on all the fanny packs and backpacks.  He will test every zipper on every bag. Next he will try them all  on and walk the store.  Then he will narrow it down to his favorite two or three and walk around with them both on, adjusting the straps to the right fit.  He will then retest all the zippers and compare them side by side.  Then he will walk away and look at something else like knives for a bit before returning and repeating the process again with the bags.  Finally, after much time has passed he will set both bags down and leave empty handed to sleep on the decision.  Usually it takes up to a year to make the choice of a new fanny pack to add to a growing collection.

7.  If you read number 6 then you might guess what number 7 is.  Yes it has to do something with his love of something as stupid and old school as fanny packs!  Yes I love that Jared is an old soul!  He is so much older than his age!  He drives slow, he only wears wool socks, he loves fanny packs, he is injury prone, he knows the lyrics to every old song that you can think of, he eats odd things for breakfast...like a cold chicken breast...and he puts baby powder in his socks and shorts every morning!  ha ha ha that's probably private, but this is my post so I will write what I want!

8.He is a Killer back scratcher!  I love to cuddle up and watch a move with Jared because he will rub my back till the cows come home!  I don't think he likes to do it either, he does it because he knows I love it!

9.  Jared is a man of many talents!  Not only is he athletic...body permitting, but he sings song parities off the fly!  He has been known to fix our cars after only watching youtube videos.  He laid my new flooring for me!  Jared can learn almost anything quickly and excels at it too!  He can do anything he puts his mind to!  That's not to say that he is always in first place, but he is usually the one to impress!

10.  I love that Jared loves me!  If I know anything, it is that Jared loves me and my kids best... I better throw his mother into that list too!  He loves his mom and Nana, and Sister....and well, he is a family man!  I love that his heart is so big and he is able to make me feel like the Queen of my own castle!  He may be the King, but he and I both know that when I'm happy we are all happier!  I think that Jared is happy making me happy; and in return, I think I make him happy too!

Thanks for Ten years!  I am glad that we did it right the first time and went to the temple so that we can be together even after we are both put into the ground!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So sweet! Happy 10 years!!! Can you believe it's been a decade? Nuts. Lots of cute posts!!!