Sunday, August 9, 2015

This Is MANS Work

Jared and his dad planned a day of fishing this past weekend.  The kiads were excited to go and fish with Jared, but Ryan at the last second was invited to a birthday party.  Naturally, Ryan was really torn about what to do... she kept saying that she wanted to fish but was not sure.  Friday night we were playing a game of Sleeping Queens as a family and Ryan finally announced that she had made her final decision... she was going to skip fishing and go to the birthday party.  Mac's reaction had us rolling for days!!  "Yes!!  (going to high five his dad) This is mans work!"  Oh my boy!  This boy is just like his dad!  They left to go fishing at 4:30 in the morning and didn't return until 10:00 at night!  Even at four (almost 5) he loved fishing all day without much rest!  He is all boy!  I would have been crying of pure board-um, but he loved every second of it!
Naturally, all that hard working pulling in the fish was very exhausting!
I can't express enough how grateful I am that I married a man like Jared!  He is so devoted to making memories with his kids!  He loves to get them out doing things that they might not otherwise get to do!  Heaven knows that their mom wouldn't be out on that little boat all day catching slimy fish!! 
 As for the girl and I, we had fun too!  we were able to go hang out at the birthday party for a good portion of our day.  After that, we ran some errands and stopped to get a bite to eat.  We were going to get it to go, but Ryan wanted to stay and "Chit Chat."  My Ryan never stops making me smile!  The pride I have when I take a moment to look at the girl that she is now and the girl she is becoming!  I just love my girl!

As a fun side note, Ryan got to go shopping for some back to school clothes with her Nana S.  She came home and put on the clothes and came into my room to show me how she looked.  She struck a pose and announced, "Now THIS is fashion!"  If you know Ryan, you can picture the moment!  Sweetest girly girl in the entire world!!

No comments: