Tuesday, August 12, 2014

No More Sawing Logs!!

Yesterday we had a trip to the hospital with Mac to get his tonsils and adenoids out.  Mac has been snoring for far too long and it was about time we did something to help him!  Now that the tonsils and adenoids are gone Mac should sleep better and grow better too.  The doctor said that his tonsils were HUGE and that now we should see a big change.  I do regret that it will also change his adorable voice.  His voice was always low and just so...Mac, but that was due to a lack of air flow to his nasal passageways.  So now his voice will probably be a bit higher and less labored.  Sad, but I am glad that it helped.
I have to say Mac is recovering so well.  I was really worried because it was a little bit of a nightmare at the hospital!  We decided to give him some medication to help him be a little less anxious about going into surgery.  They did say that the medication sometimes makes kids wake up a little grumpy, but normally it's not too big of a deal.  Most kids will sleep around 30 mins after the anesthesia so the medicine has time to wear off and they are not so mad.  However, Mac didn't sleep at all hardly.  When he woke up he was more than a little bit mad!!  He was possessed by a demon I think!  He was screaming and kicking, trying to force his hands down his throat and scratch his throat, he was trying to rip out the IV they had in his foot!  He was going nuts and screaming about how much pain he was in.  Of course they couldn't do anything for him.  We just had to calm him down and get some fluids into him so that he could have some Motrin to help with the pain.  Thank goodness for Jared!  He stayed to calm and was just so awesome!  I was a wreck!  I couldn't keep my emotions together!  I really think that I will forever be haunted with the screams of my son in agony and pain!  It was so upsetting to me!  However, we were able to get him back to sleep.  The nurses assured us that if Mac slept that he would wake up better the second time.  Sure enough, a little bit later his eyes opened and looked right at Jared and said, "Hi dad, I fell asleep.  It doesn't hurt now!"  I was so relieved.  Jared and I just looked at each other in shock and laughed!  From that point on he was so happy and in very little pain at all!  The best part is that Mac doesn't even remember any of the pain or anger of the first wake up!  TENDER MERCY!

After we left the hospital we took Mac to get a treat and some popsicles.  The nurses said to watch him for the day because he would be a little wobbly on his feet.  So we put him in one of those car shopping carts so that he wouldn't have to walk.  He just was so busy though and kept getting out and being silly.  At one point I took him up the baby isle just to keep the cart moving in hopes of keeping him in the cart.  He of course saw something that caught his eye and climbed out as I was pushing him.

"Mom, what's that?"
"What does it look like silly, it's a plate, bowl, spoon, and fork."  Just then I turn to look at him for a reaction and he is leaning in to me with his eyes closed and his lips puckered up waiting for a kiss.  I gave him a kiss and then he whispers "I really love you mom."  I was laughing so hard!  What a ham!  I'll take it any way I get it though!  I don't care if it was the medicine talking!  It was great!


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh, poor little guy! That is too funny at the store though! I'm glad he doesn't remember that nasty moment, I would have been a wreck too! So sorry! Hope he's feeling much better now!