Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Lake Powell Take Two

It took too long for me to update about the rest of our summer travels!  I just got busy with serving in Young Women's I think.  Any how, we were able to go to Lake Powell again and we had a blast!  The kids both were able to swim, do the ski skimmer, and even cliff jump!  It was quite fun!  I still can't believe Ryan was cliff jumping.  She went from the girl who would freak out if her face got even a little bit wet, to cliff jumping!
Ryan did so well this year in the water.  Every year she swims all day long, but this year she was not so...dare I say...CHICKEN.  She did the slide, the tube, ski skimmer, and cliff jumping.  It was really a lot of fun to have her at the lake.  She has just grown up so much.  I told her, maybe now that you have lost so many baby teeth you are not such a baby.  Your big teeth must be helping you act so big!  She liked that reasoning.  I just adore this sweet girl!

Mac was a lot of fun at the lake too!  He would ride the ski skimmer all day long if we let him.  Although he didn't swim for nearly the length of time his sister did, he still swam hard.  This little boy was great!  He went on a hike and along the way the came across a ton of little frogs.  Needless to say, he came back with seven of them.  Aunt Lisa also made sure I checked his pockets too.  I guess he was stuffing hand fulls of little frogs into his pockets!  Oh this boy!!!  I just love him to bits!




As for Jared and I, well we just are enjoying watching the kids have fun!  We also managed some time on the wake board, air chair, tube, and cliff jumping, but the best part was just watching and enjoying the kids!  We just feel really blessed to have been so spoiled this year!

No comments: