Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ryan

I was thinking a lot about my little Ryan today...

She is such a big girl. Before school, she was quite shy with other kids, but she has just grown in leaps and bounds! Two weeks ago was the first sunday we were to put her into primary. She is a sunbeam now... so no more play time, treats, or fun in the nursery. I wondered how she would do. The class is small. There are only 4 sunbeams total. Three of the Four have mothers in the presidency... including Ryan... I'm in there. Any how, I know that the other two kids who have mothers in the presidency were going to struggle wanting to sit with their mom instead of with the class. They were going to find it difficult to let their mom focus on all the kids rather than just them. So naturally I started to wonder how Ryan would do? Would she insist on sitting with me? Would she feel bad when I was working with other kids, or teaching, or conducting? Well, I am happy to say that we did not have that problem. She came and sat down with her class and soaked everything in. she was sitting up strait with her hands folded neatly in her lap the entire time. She even looked at the other kids like they were odd when they tried to come sit with their moms rather than with the class. She tried her hardest to learn the songs and sing. I even got a little teary eyed looking at her! I was so proud!! Last week she even gave the scripture. She spoke into the microphone and tried her best. It was adorable!! I'm just so happy that there were no fits, and no major problems! Only two weeks have gone by though... time will tell if it was just a fluke, or if she is really that good! I think she is really that good though!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Yay! Love it when they make you wonder why you were worried.