Monday, May 11, 2009

TRIALS

Sorry my phone takes bad pictures if you move at all. And Ryan always moves!

Jared and I decided to make a sacrifice and split up for the next month. Jared will be working in Denver and I will be here at home, with Ryan, holding down the fort--it wasn't worth giving up my job. Before he left we all got sick. Ryan threw up one night and I expressed my fear of it happening again while Jared was gone. Jared assured me that it wouldn't happen and things would be fine. Well... He couldn't have been more WRONG!!! Not only have I been sick with a head cold and a stomach bug, but Ryan has too! In addition to Ryan's sickness, she is also getting new teeth in! Needless to say, I have cleaned up more throw up than I ever thought possible in a lifetime! (That's me being dramatic of course but it is a lot!) I have found that Ryan gets car sick, and that some poop smells and looks identical to throw up...at least it stays contained...IF YOU ARE LUCKY!! I think that I needed to be tried so that I could come out on top and know that I am not a bad mom, but rather a GREAT mom! I never thought I would be glad that I had to go through so much puke, poop, boogers, and sleepless nights just to feel confident in myself as a mother! GO ME!

PS. Jared I know you worry but we REALLY are doing just fine! I love you, miss you, and hope you know that when you come back you will have to take care of all diapers and ALL barf for a month. WE LOVE YOU

9 comments:

SqUiRt said...

I hope you guys are feeling better! Ryan is so cute!!

Lindsay said...

Oh man, that's crappy - literally. I hope you guys feel better soon!

ashleyandcody said...

that would be hard but I hope you guys feel better soon!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

You are WOMAN!! I hope your time apart from Jared FLIES!! I'm sorry you and Ryan have been so sick NOT fun....Lets play SOON!

Bryan and Christy Clark said...

Dang I'm sorry you have been so sick! I hope this does help you remember what an incredible person you are to make it through this! Trials can be kinda good self-esteem boosters. Let me know if you guys need any help! I would love to watch Ryan for a while so you can have some sanity time!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yuck, sorry! That's the worst. On a happier note, I saw your sista BreeAnn at the temple the other day! Her boyfriend's best friend was getting married and my step-brother was. I saw her and knew it had to be her, and I felt silly going over and saying hi. She is so grown up, where did the time go? Anyway, it was random but good to see her!

Phil and Kelly said...

Oh no. I hope you guys are feeling better. I am sorry that you and Jared have to be apart. Hope all is well if you need to talk or need anything else that I can do let me know.

syerke said...

Hey McCall! I finally ventured out to find your blog. Your family is much different from when we saw you last. I hope the barfing stops right away...and then starts right back up again for when Jared gets home. Just kidding Jared. We miss you guys too...and Cedar City...and the entire west side of the states.

CoLiE-O said...

you freaked me out. my heart dropped when i read that you guys were splitting up...but then i read on. phew!
sorry to hear you guys arent feeling well! that sucks!
get better! and hang in there!!