Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Half Marathon

My dad, Natalie, Me, BreeAnn, and Stephanie after we ran the race


This weekend was a lot of fun! My entire family, with the exception of my youngest sister Andrea, came down and stayed with us. We all ran in the St. George Painters half marathon. I was really nervous because I didn't train very well. The furthest I ran before the race was just under 8 miles. My only hope was that I have already done two full marathons.

The race went really well. My oldest sister Natalie came in first, followed by my dad. Then Steph and I crossed--we ran the whole thing together. Finally Bree came across. To Bree's credit, she is much faster than Steph and I both put together, but she chose to break in some new insoles... You should have seen the blisters!! In fact, I believe I have a picture! Go Bree! You are one tough cookie!

And she had another one just like it on the other foot! OUCH!!

All in all I ended up running about a 9 min 41 sec mile, and taking 26th out of 56. Good job Zollinger family!!

Just before mile 6 and still feeling great!

Finishing in 2 hours and 7 mins

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Completely impressed. I couldn't even run a mile without stopping (possibly even a half mile).

Kev and Niki said...

You are so stinkin amazing!!! Good job... one day i'll do one of those i hope :)

Lindsay said...

Holy cow - nice work! Very impressive! It was fun to see most of your sisters and your dad too! That's awesome!

The Crandall Family said...

Congrats on the race! I totally admire you for that!!! I'm putting the finishing touches on Ryan's boyfriend Boedi, he'll be totally cute so tell her not to worry, and that I'll speed it up a bit :)

The Baldwin's said...

Way to go girl!! That is totally awesome and you look great running! How fun to have your whole family do it together and a half marathon!!

Bryan and Christy Clark said...

That is so awesome! Bryan's friend is trying to get him to do one in Arizona in a month. I dont know if I want to drive all the way down there. You are amazing! I wish I could run like that.

Phil and Kelly said...

That is so great McCall Congrats.

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Hey McCall!! Awesome job on the 1/2 marathon! It was an awesome day!!!

Lisa Edstrom said...

So I LOVE YOUR family pics! Oh, so so cute! That little Ryan is sure a cutie! Looks like you guys are happy and well. I'm glad. (:

CoLiE-O said...

you are my hero! i suck at running!

The Jeffery Family said...

I am impressed! I have been running since Sept. and feel great after 3 miles! ha! Have I added you to my blog? Can you e -mail me your e mail? kenna_05@hotmail.com
We will seeing you guys!