Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving and tender conversations.

Thanksgiving was so good this year!! We had thanksgiving with the Zollinger family, and it was the best dinner we have ever had as a family!!! Growing up my mom always made things homemade, but then we got older and busier... and well, the food got quicker and less quality--naturally. So as we have been getting older with our own families, we have been slowly getting back into good homemade food. Well this year we mastered it!! Jared did the worlds most moist turkey and we all were able to fill in the rest of the blanks. Every part of dinner was awesome.

Now I would like to share a conversation that Ryan had with Jared a week or so ago. Jared had her in the car and was talking to her about what to do if someone asked her to do something that she knew was bad.

Jared: Ryan, what would you do if someone told you to do something that you knew was bad? Like one of your friends.

Ryan: I would not do it.

Jared: You're so smart. You know that you really are a smart girl!

Ryan: Yeah, I would say no and they would say, "Ryan, you're so smart." Then I would do a summer-salt!

So Sweet!!

Another side note, Jared is the man! He did the impossible last week!!! He managed to surprise me! He had a long weekend and managed to surprise me with a get-away. I just woke up one morning and he told me that I needed to pack the kids bags for two days. I was so shocked. Ryan didn't even spill the beans! Jared and I ate ourselves STUPID and stayed down town. It was so much fun! Early Anniversary! I just am crazy about my Jared!! Thanks Sweetie!!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is SO nice! How fun. And Ryan is just adorable.

Karen said...

What an awesome Husband you have, how fun for you guys! Glad your Thanksgiving was good. Homemade Thanksgivings are the best! Love the conversation Jared had with Ryan. She is a smart girl!!! So cute!!! =)

Jill said...

Awww! What a sweet family you have! Aren't you so glad you're stuck with them forever?

The Fords said...

I'm glad you had a get-away!:) Sounds soo nice! And Ryan is super smart! She's a cutie!

Marie said...

Ryan is such a sweetheart! I love how the little things like that can just make your day. And you tell Jared I said he is a good man! He is pretty lucky to have you though...you deserve it:)